Kealana Juliette Gulley
7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in.
"Flowers on the hillside, bloomin’ crazy
Crickets talkin’ back and forth in rhyme
Blue river runnin’ slow and lazy
I could stay with you forever and never realize the time"
"Flowers on the hillside, bloomin’ crazy
Crickets talkin’ back and forth in rhyme
Blue river runnin’ slow and lazy
I could stay with you forever and never realize the time"
Bob Dylan
The surgery was rough. It was hard and intense. But when I heard, "let's deliver a baby" I stopped crying and sighed out loud and the room laughed. My girl. You came out crying and my heart zoomed. Just perfect. Then the crying was all too long as they cleaned you up and I waited anxiously and painfully as the doctors "finished up." Dag the placenta! There was a lot of scar tissue, a long surgery, lots of blood, I was literally pulled to pieces from the inside out. But, then...there was you.
Sweet Wonderful You
Kanga & Little Roos
Our first night together we slept skin to skin
Well, I guess you could say...every moment we slept together skin on skin.
Who uses a bassinet?!!?!?! This is our first wonderful night together.
You are my moonshine!
Our first night together we slept skin to skin
Well, I guess you could say...every moment we slept together skin on skin.
Who uses a bassinet?!!?!?! This is our first wonderful night together.
You are my moonshine!
All day naps
Cuz' we like it like that!
"Mama! Don't let them take me!"
Let's just say you are NOT a hospital fan (like your mom!). The constant handing off to strangers for healthy baby "assessments" was beyond ridiculous and you howled for all of them. I never let them take you to the nursery and had everyone done in the room. Wish upon wish I could have eradicated everyone, but post cuddles was the best I could do.
Because somethings are just meant to be together.
You and me babe we got it going on like peanut butter on bread.
The morning of our discharge
The skies sang our "Alleluia!" song
Take me home now, please.













1 comment:
Beautiful Kirst! Congrats and wishing you a speedy recovery!
Post a Comment