Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween! (part 1)




Trick or Treat Table
Apples, leaves, & acorn cookies
Pumpkin Bread & Reeces Brownies
























As usual, my favorite times of the day are the ones with no picture mementos. It wasn't when you got a little frightened by the vampire (one of several in the neighborhood) opening the door and ran to me but still wanted to go to the door because all the other kids were. It wasn't when you waved to your friend before she came to the door so excited to see her or when you cried when she said goodbye to you and you had to leave her or when you followed the other hippie teen down the block after she held you and fed you tangerines in our yard. It wasn't the way you stepped right up to bat swinging at the pinata with that Gulley arm surrounded by your crowd of friends watching you or the way you didn't want to stop and cried when it was time to let another kid try. But I wish with all my might I had a video of it!

I love the way you helped Mama all day. I love the way you ran like fury laughing helping me set up your jungle gym and treats in the yard laughing at me running and carrying and playing chase simultaneously. I love the way you sat on my lap inhaling some delivery pizza when the night had ended and you had pizza sauce on your face along with your faded whiskers delioned in your shirt and sweatpants. I love the way you would say, "roar" and "kkkkkttt" for cut meaning you wanted to put on your lion costume and cut faces in the pumpkins. I love the way you stirred, measured, checked the oven, and baked with me all day. I love the way you dropped every single candy into the pinata all by yourself. I love hearing your voice singing to Old MacDonald, "moo moooo" and "eeei" during EIEIO, in the backseat as we went to the store for clementines, apple sauce, raisins, cider, and had to get the Indian corn because you asked for it. I love the way you pounced on the bed and gave me a hundred kisses and said, "Adaaa!" (TaDa!) after your forward rolls and held up your pointer finger requesting, "this little light of mine" to be sung and then turned off the light ready for bed. You go to sleep so well at night and naps it is so nice. Nighty Night pumpkinhead!








No comments: