K: "When are we going to finish painting the baby room and put up the crib? What kind of curtains should we do? It's so hard to be gender neutral and still cute!"
B: "We need a new car. A safe one."
K: "I think I should take off work."
B: "We need to work! The baby's coming!"
B: "Can we talk about the budget?" (overlyzealous)
K: (impatiently groaning) "Can we not?!?!!! I'm tired! I just got home.
B: "You never want to talk about money. You have to be practical."
K: "No, I don't. Everything is going to be fine."
B: "What does that mean?"
K: "I just know it. It's my faith."
B: "It's not mine. What are we going to do?"
K: "live"
B: "I'm not changing my lifestyle. We need to have a plan."
K: "Nooooo! I hate "plans.""
B: "That's why you need one. What if we moved next year? We need a plan."
K: "What if...It's the same conversation over and over. money is money. We'll be fine."
B: "I know it is! You don't know that. We need a plan."
K: "We'll deal with it when we come to it. When we have a situation, I'll make a decision. There is no situation. There is nothing to talk about."
B: "We're in a situation! We have to talk about this."
K: "fine. But not now."
B: "Okay, when?"
K: "This isn't healthy. I can't eat it--it's not good for the baby."
B: "It's okay. You need calories. It's only while your pregnant. You can make exceptions."
It is sort of like two different simultaneous conversations-my head and Bobby's. I start thinking of the nursery, baby meditations, preparing for labor, eating healthy while Bobby starts thinking about cars, money, insurance, jobs, plan
s...basically all the things I have no interest for.
So, we have a crib in a box, a baby blanket being sewn (thanks Nana!!), 3/4 of the nursery painted in "gleeful" a bright happy green color, are both working and have insurance, and have a new prius to drive.
Then I thought about you and it hit m
e! Our equilibrium is going to change! We are going to have another person's opinions, beliefs, and preferences alongside the varigated edges of Bobby and I! It is kind of hard to even imagine more drama than Bobby and I, quirky Hero the Sheriff, Duma the Lionhearted Prince of Cats, and Mischief Maker Bella. Soon you will be here. Our Kea'lana or our Shadden. Will you be a planner like your Dad? A dreamer like your mom? Or something all your own???
No comments:
Post a Comment