"Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things..." Sound of Music J.A. "Favorite Things"

Ah. It wasn't the first snow. But it came right after we returned from Florida which made it extra exciting to see you processing real snow falling from a sky and not a machine. You leaned your head as far as your neck would allow starring at the sky. Duma pounced and Hero was covered in snowy flakes while we ran through falling snow, felt it landing on our eye lashes, and opened our mouths for snowflake bites. You kept repeating, "So, more So" for snow and "eye" when it would land on your eyelashes. You did not want to go back in the house! I put the chilly animals back in and we had another walk because fresh falling snow is just that mesmerizing. 
A blurry favorite because I was laughing as hard as you were-tumbling over running and snapping pictures! I'm beginning to feel your drive for working. You could care less to play alone with toys. You need a job. In the time it takes for me to prepare meals or clean up from them, you are(and always have been) in the thick of it. Mommy and Daddy cooked up a Christmas surprise for you which has been just the ticket.

Happy New Year!
We celebrated with dinner with Daddy-a rare treat on its own-and ice cream sundaes for dessert. Your first banana split (minus the fudge)! Forget midnight & champagne. We had our own bubblilicious berry banana bath and apricot oil massage & cheers with ice cream spoons. Yeeeeah. Who needs a ball dropping when you have a relighting sparkler candle?


Speaking of Favorite things, I just learned Julie Andrews came out with a poetry-song book that includes a cd!!!! Can't wait to see it!







1 comment:
So awesome! I wish Kayla could experience snow... not much around here. :o) It's so magical!
Post a Comment