Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mama Books



In the first trimester, I realized I had a vibrant emotional reaction to pregnancy books. After reading one page I could tell if the book was for "me." If the book felt wrong perhaps too instructional, cautious, "what iffy," or planner mode I had to quickly dismiss it out of my pressence otherwise it would send me on an internal tangent about how crazy our society has gotten over the mental methodicalness of pregnancy that we miss the soul miracle and celebration of life that God has perfectly and wisely created. Books are incredible they can shape you! So I dug about and found some gems which have really spoken to the way I actually feel inside and offered beautiful words and encouragement. Since I can never just read one book at a time I have been playing inside of these pages. Some of the best books are the books for you which I read to you even though you are technically still on the inside. I love your books because they are what we share together, have way cuter pictures, and can make us smile and do fun voices, and I think you enjoy them.
I was taking a bath when Bella and Duma were sitting on the ledge of the tub. Duma was purring his loudest so content to be close while Bella was trying to swat the bubbles making me laugh so hard. I thought about you and how we had four souls in the tiny bathroom right at that moment. Your Daddy and I are getting more and more excited. He was making me laugh at breakfast and I suddenly wondered about your sense of humor and how you will make us laugh. Your Dad keeps saying he just wants to see you, "right now." He is surprised by how big you are and how strong your movements are getting. I love the way he is getting excited to hold you and take care of you. He wants me to get a breast pump (gross-I know!-sorry!) so that he can feed you too! So sweet. He is trying to arrange his work schedule around you mystery birth. I still can't get over that you will actually be here in a few months! I am trying to fatten you up and remember to sleep on my left side when I roll over. The midwives said you are doing well and told me to give you lots of extra calories, protein, iron, and even some sodium to raise my blood pressure a bit since it is still low. Your Dad made me laugh at the office when he heard her say we were 31 weeks. He went crazy, "31 weeks?!?!!! what?!?!! I've been saying 28 for the past few weeks! It's almost time! You could be here in 6 weeks! Nothing is ready! I have to get the crib up! Paint the bedroom!" I couldn't stop laughing because that is exactly what I've been feeling. Somehow it'll all work out...it always does. We love you angel!

No comments: