Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The prayer (18 wks 5 days)

Thank the Lord for Snoogle, Tofurky, ohh! and a husband who surprises his wife with them. Every time we go to the store I scan Whole Foods for Tofurky complaining to Bobby, "They still don't have them! When are they coming in?"

So I came home (sent home an hour early from work for almost fainting) and found a vegan Tofurky feast waiting for me and a boy who promised to clean up the kitchen so I could go to bed. Fabulouso! I made fettuccine alfredo but couldn't eat because my stomach was cramping. Bobby ran to the Giant at five till midnight to get me Martinelli's sparkeling juice. I complained all night about my stomach and back hurting. I don't think he heard me, but whenever I heard him rolling over I told him.

The next day I slept in, ate, sat in the garden reading with the animals, and prepared for work. We went to the midwives but had to take separate cars because I had to go work immediately after. I left and Bobby called me that he cut his hand and had about 3 other bobby-urgent-pressing-issues. I said it was fine he didn't have to come. He called four more times and showed up when I was meeting with the midwife! He couldn't miss hearing about you! I think he also wanted to get a referral for a ultrasound knowing I wouldn't do it on my own.

I told them how my body has been collapsing at work unable to keep up with my heart and mind. They told me to stay home for a week and rest. As if I have that luxury of sick days! Bobby urged me to stay home worried about my blood pressure levels. So, we got boba's and strategized a way out. Somehow this comforts Bobby but not me. I will feel comfort when I am told, "you can stay home from work now and take care of yourself and the baby."

I came home read in the garden (I decided to indulge my love craving and read romantic Nicolas Sparks novels), walked hero, and got to (yes!) fulfill one of my GIANT cravings...walk up and down the isles of a craft store thinking of all the things I want to make. The fabulous isles of colored paper, glitter, pens, and fabrics made me want to sing in glee. Ahhhh! I decided on one project and put back my other four. Another day! Bobby had dinner ready and I convinced him to go see a marriage movie with me "fireproof." There is a crazy amount of yelling in this movie and I felt you moving during a couple scenes. Bobby cried.

Now I am having a rare break at work thinking of you wishing I could be home despite how nice it is to come into the hugs of all my middle schoolers and hear their stories and drama. With my body falling apart every workweek I find myself praying for the miracle. I feel terrible not taking care of myself and therefore not taking care of you. I am afraid I have accumulated some horrible habits leaving myself at the sad end of the stick. I know this needs to change for you and so I pray it does. My arms ache, my back, my head, fatigue, I hope you feel okay.

The midwives said your heartbeat sounded strong and healthy. They measured my belly and let Bobby feel you. I enjoyed the reassurance that you were still there and okay even if I was feeling dehydrated and sick again.

This time my request for you to be safe has to be for me as well. I pray for the change that must take place.

P.S. More dreams....trips, eating hamburgers, and yes the chocolate cake again!

1 comment:

Shunshine Girl said...

Oh my goodness! You do need to rest girl! Listen to your body. Seriously!