

Well, we are 36 weeks and having
brackston-hicks contractions! I had no idea until the midwives pointed it out at my visit. I was on the table and she goes, "ooh and your having a contraction." I thought it was just you moving!
Oops! She pointed out the difference and now I realize I am getting them frequently! I can even see the belly move up and then down. It is a painless tightening so I just thought it was you scrambling around in there.

The 36 week visit was incredible. I went with Nana so she got to meet one of the midwives Alice, hear your heartbeat (136b/m), and see everything. The belly measures 35 which they tell me is a nice "small" baby-perfect for your first child. Yea for me! They did a pelvic and felt your head!! I couldn't believe it! My cervix has "shortened" and we are at -2 with a 75% effacement! It was so emotional! I felt so proud of you moving the course like a wizard! You are such an incredible baby in the perfect position and already on the descent journey! I couldn't believe Alice actually touched your baby head with her fingers!!!!! Afterwards I had to go to the bathroom to relieve my tears. It is all such a mir

acle! The entire process is so astounding. I don't know how God has done it and how it works so smoothly and perfectly. I'm so proud of my uterus being healthy and practicing-makes me want to have an extra cup of raspberry leaf tea!
I noticed that I can't see my feet under me now. I am not sure when this happened but you are a beautiful sight growing more and more everyday and still active somehow! We are still looking for a pediatrician and really enjoying this visit from Nana getting some nice girl time and baby prep time. The spring flowers are starting to bulge up from the ground. I think your arrival will be met with rejoicing blossoms.
I got pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome last week which has been interesting at night when I desperately want to sleep but wake up constantly with my hands and arms falling asleep. It happens the worst in my right hand in my middle and ring finger. I just wish it would vanish.

We are trying to predict your arrival! When to have Nana come, when to have your Dad take time off of work, etc. It is such a tease and makes me wild with excitement thinking about when the SURPRISE is going to happen.
Goodnight
Roo, tomorrow is my last day with Nana before your Dad and I head off for Florida. There is much to do so I must rest-you know how difficult it is for me when I get excited. I love you miracle! I have that
Shakespeare quote in my head about how philosophers cannot dream of all that can be
conceived. We have such a miraculous Maker! It feels so true in my soul now that I am experiencing the wonder of you. "All beautiful you are my love, there is no flaw in you."
3 comments:
Kirsten I am so excited for you. Enjoy your last days with your growing belly. I wish you all the best for a safe and peaceful delivery!
So exciting! Sounds like everything's going great my friend! It's absolutely perfect that even the flowers are beginning to show their pretty faces.
i can't believe you are going to florida. you're crazy
Post a Comment